is located in the former Suburban Lanes space, a 1950’s era bowling alley that has served the Decatur and surrounding area for close to 60 years. Remodeled and renamed in early 2016, The Comet is set to bring back some of the glory of its original splendor, while adding a few of our own personal touches. Food and beverage service will feature from scratch pizza, burgers, sandwiches and apps, excellent cocktails, and a 16 beer draught menu, as well as a host of bottled and canned beers. In addition to the original 32 lanes of bowling, The Comet features two 40 ft. shuffleboard courts, 3 dart lanes, and a large bar if you just want to hang out in a great space where folks are having fun, watch a game on the TV and enjoy the offerings from bar and kitchen. We do NOT have any video or redemption games, but maintain a family friendly atmosphere. The Comet will be 21 and up from 10pm until close.
Summer leagues now forming at The Comet!
Come out and bowl this summer in our Thursday Night Adult Summer League We still have room for a few more teams, but not for long. Put together your own team of 4 bowlers , with a couple alternates, or we can match you with other interested bowlers who don’t have a full team. League will run from the first week in June until late July.
Interested? Email Uri Wurtzel at email@example.com and include your name and your team members (if you don’t have a team, we’ll match you with others who need to fill out their team). We’ll get back to you with the rest of the details.
May 1st, 8:00 –
Join The Comet, Nerdlanta, and Fanbolt for the inaugural Comet Cosplay extravaganza!
Come in costume and bowl for free! Enjoy Shmaltz Klingon Porter on draught!
Partake in food specials aplenty! Seek friendship, fellowship, love!
- Tuesday-Friday before 5pm $15 per lane per hour or $3 games
- Sunday-Thursday after 5pm $20 per lane per hour
- Sunday-Thursday after 10pm $3 games
- Saturday-Sunday before 5pm $20 per lane per hour
- Friday-Saturday after 5pm $30 per lane per hour
- Shoe rental is $4
- Monday Night Industry League 26 lanes from 8-10
- Tuesday Night Strikers 26 lanes from 5-10
- Wednesday Night St. Phillip’s 18 lanes from 5-9
- Thursday Night Mixed 22 lanes from 5-9
- Thursday Tenpin Sr League 10 lanes from 10 am – 1 pm
- Sunday Night Mixers 24 lanes from 5-9