is located in the former Suburban Lanes space, a 1950’s era bowling alley that served the Decatur and surrounding area for close to 60 years. Remodeled and renamed in early 2016, The Comet retains much of the glory of its original splendor, while adding a few new touches that reflect more modern sensibilities. Food and beverage service features from-scratch pizza, burgers, sandwiches, salads and apps, excellent cocktails, and a 16 beer draught menu, as well as a host of bottled and canned beers. In addition to the original 32 lanes of bowling, The Comet features a retro game room, a birthday party room, 3 dart lanes, and a large bar. Come in to bowl, or if you just want to hang out in a great space where folks are having fun, watch a game on the TV and enjoy the offerings from bar and kitchen. The Comet also provides an ideal venue for parties or team-building events, including pre-made and customized packages (found on our website). The Comet is 21 and up from 10pm until close.
Brewery of the Month for May – Scofflaw Brewing Co.
The Comet is excited to introduce the new Brewery of the Month program. Each month, we’ll feature a local/regional brewery, offering an array of beers and some special releases. For May, Scofflaw has teamed with Watershed Distillery to present a great deal – $10 for a beer and cocktail? Yes, please!
Monday Industry Night at The Comet, May – August
Shoes and 3 games for $8!
Half price wings!
Rotating drink specials!
Sign up for KIDS BOWL FREE!
Two free games per day!
May 15 – August 17
Kids 12 and under accompanied by an adult
*Can not be applied to a reservation*
Tuesday = Good day to come bowl at The Comet
walk-in special only
Thursday Summer League now forming!
Late May through late July.
Reduced summer league fees.
Interested? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
Schedule a party or reserve lanes through our website!
Click on the Reserve A Lane Now! button below to reserve lanes (at least 4 hours ahead of time) or schedule a party (at least 2 days ahead of time). It’s easy.
Reservation prices based on hourly rates.
- Tuesday-Thursday before 5pm $3 game per person
- Friday before 5 pm $3 game per person
- Sunday-Thursday from 5pm until 10pm $4 game per person
- Sunday-Thursday after 10pm $3 game per person
- Saturday-Sunday before 5pm $4 game per person
- Friday-Saturday from 5pm until 10pm $5 game per person
- Friday-Saturday after 10pm $4 game per person
- Shoe rental is $4
- Tuesday Night Mailchimp League May 22 – July 24, 7:30 – 10:00, 14 lanes
- Thursday Casual Summer League May 24 – July 26, 7:30 – 10:00, 20 lanes
- Thursday Tenpin Sr League ongoing, 10:30 am – 1 pm, 8 lanes