is located in the former Suburban Lanes space, a 1950’s era bowling alley that has served the Decatur and surrounding area for close to 60 years. Remodeled and renamed in early 2016, The Comet is set to bring back some of the glory of its original splendor, while adding a few of our own personal touches. Food and beverage service will feature from scratch pizza, burgers, sandwiches and apps, excellent cocktails, and a 16 beer draught menu, as well as a host of bottled and canned beers. In addition to the original 32 lanes of bowling, The Comet features two 40 ft. shuffleboard courts, 3 dart lanes, and a large bar if you just want to hang out in a great space where folks are having fun, watch a game on the TV and enjoy the offerings from bar and kitchen. We do NOT have any video or redemption games, but maintain a family friendly atmosphere. The Comet will be 21 and up from 10pm until close.
Tuesday = Good day to come bowl at The Comet
Check out Industry Night at The Comet
Work in the industry? Get shoes and bowl 3 games for $10!
Enjoy specials from our Industry sponsors:
2/19 – Bell’s
2/26 – Creature Comfort
3/05 – Tito’s Vodka
3/12 – Founder’s
3/19 – Stone
Atlanta Public Schools Special Olympics at The Comet
On the dates below in late January and early February, The Comet is hosting the APS Special Olympics from 10:00 am – 12:00. Open bowling lanes will be scarce on these days until noon.
Jan. 30 – Feb. 2
Feb. 7 – 9
Feb. 13 – 15
Thanks for your understanding!
Check out our New Open Bowling Rates – by the game, all the time.
See specific rates below, based on day of the week and time of day.
New: Schedule a party or reserve lanes through our website!
Click on the Reserve A Lane Now! button below to reserve lanes (at least 4 hours ahead of time) or schedule a party (at least 2 days ahead of time). It’s easy.
Pins & Pints for Pets raises $3,000 for animals affected by Hurricane Harvey!
Comet segment on CBS46!
We won’t likely be switching careers anytime soon, but it was fun!
- Tuesday-Thursday before 5pm $3 game per person
- Friday before 5 pm $3 game per person
- Sunday-Thursday from 5pm until 10pm $4 game per person
- Sunday-Thursday after 10pm $3 game per person
- Saturday-Sunday before 5pm $4 game per person
- Friday-Saturday from 5pm until 10pm $5 game per person
- Friday-Saturday after 10pm $4 game per person
- Shoe rental is $4
- Monday Night Industry League January 29 – April 16, 7:30 – 10:00, 14 lanes
- Tuesday Morning Moms League ongoing, 11:00 – 12:30, 6 lanes
- Wednesday Night Casual League January 31 – April 18, 7:00 – 10:00, 20 lanes
- Thursday Night Casual League February 1 – April 19, 7:00 – 10:00, 18 lanes
- Thursday Tenpin Sr League ongoing, 10 am – 1 pm, 6 lanes