is located in the former Suburban Lanes space, a 1950’s era bowling alley that has served the Decatur and surrounding area for close to 60 years. Remodeled and renamed in early 2016, The Comet is set to bring back some of the glory of its original splendor, while adding a few of our own personal touches. Food and beverage service will feature from scratch pizza, burgers, sandwiches and apps, excellent cocktails, and a 16 beer draught menu, as well as a host of bottled and canned beers. In addition to the original 32 lanes of bowling, The Comet features two 40 ft. shuffleboard courts, 3 dart lanes, and a large bar if you just want to hang out in a great space where folks are having fun, watch a game on the TV and enjoy the offerings from bar and kitchen. We do NOT have any video or redemption games, but maintain a family friendly atmosphere. The Comet will be 21 and up from 10pm until close.
Monday Night is Industry Night!
March 27 – Creature Comforts sponsors this Monday’s Industry Night! Specials on special beers, food, all benefitting CC’s Get Comfortable effort to fight hunger and homelessness in our local communities.
New Beer Special, Sunday through Thursday:
Miller High Life pints – $2.50
Miller High Life pitchers – $8.00
Summer leagues now forming at The Comet!
We are excited to give folks a chance to bowl in a fun and friendly league format this summer – our plan is to offer a Thursday evening adult league, a Saturday youth league, and a Sunday family league. All leagues require 4 bowlers per team, with substitutes allowed, and will run from the first week in June until late July.
Interested? Email Uri Wurtzel at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information: name, team members (if you don’t have a team, we’ll match you with others who need to fill out their team), age, and league you are interested in.
- Tuesday-Friday before 5pm $15 per lane per hour or $3 games
- Sunday-Thursday after 5pm $20 per lane per hour
- Saturday-Sunday before 5pm $20 per lane per hour
- Friday-Saturday after 5pm $30 per lane per hour
- Shoe rental is $4
- Monday Night Industry League 26 lanes from 8-10
- Tuesday Night Strikers 26 lanes from 5-10
- Wednesday Night St. Phillip’s 18 lanes from 5-9
- Thursday Night Mixed 22 lanes from 5-9
- Thursday Tenpin Sr League 10 lanes from 10 am – 1 pm
- Sunday Night Mixers 24 lanes from 5-9